Atwood Aurora Kicks Off Operations Offshore Egypt
Atwood Oceanics announced that on April 21, 2009, the new-build ultra premium jack-up, Atwood Aurora (owned by our wholly-owned subsidiary, Atwood Oceanics Pacific Limited) commenced operations under its two-year contract with RWE Dea Nile GmbH ("RWE Dea") offshore Egypt.
Delays due to weather conditions negatively impacted the final commissioning process and the final rig placement. A longer than expected period for completing the commissioning of certain equipment to commence operations resulted in an adjustment in the dayrate to $133,000 which commenced on April 21, 2009. Certain net mobilization costs estimated to be approximately $1 million will be paid to RWE Dea. The contract includes a cost escalation clause and provides an option to add one additional year at a dayrate of US $178,000.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)