American Shale Oil, LLC Unveils Technical Advisory Board
American Shale Oil, LLC (AMSO), a federal oil shale research, development and demonstration lease holder, today announced the formation of its Technical Advisory Board composed of seven distinguished scientific researchers. The Board will advise AMSO on technical challenges associated with producing shale oil. AMSO is a joint venture of IDT Corporation and Total.
The Board is chaired by Dr. Larry W. Lake. Dr. Lake is a professor at, and the former Chairman of, the Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering department at the Cockrell School of Engineering, University of Texas at Austin.
Other members of AMSO's Technical Advisory Board announced today are:
- Professor Cedric Briens: Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Western Ontario;
- Professor Alan R. Carroll: Department of Geology and Geophysics at the University of Wisconsin at Madison;
- Dr. S. Julio Friedmann: Carbon Management Program Leader, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory;
- Dr. Paul Hommert, Ph.D.: Executive Vice President and Deputy Laboratories Director for the Nuclear Weapons Program, Sandia National Laboratories;
- Professor James R. Rice, Ph.D.: Mallinckrodt Professor of Engineering Sciences and Geophysics, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences and School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University;
- Professor M. Nafi Toksoz, Ph.D.: Professor of Geophysics at the Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
"Each member of AMSO's Technical Advisory Board is a leader in his chosen field, and we are delighted by their participation in this effort," said Claude Pupkin, President of AMSO. "The Board will consult with and counsel our in-house technical team as we tackle the crucial environmental and technical challenges of oil shale development including the development of carbon sequestration and groundwater conservation technologies."
"Oil shale is one of the world’s greatest untapped energy resources," said Howard Jonas, Chairman of AMSO and IDT Corporation. "We are able to bring some of the brightest minds in the country to work on this effort because they understand both the strategic importance of the resource as well as the necessity to develop oil shale utilizing environmentally appropriate technologies."
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)