Jurong Shipyard Exercises Right to Sell Petrorig I
Sembcorp Marine's wholly-owned subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd (JSPL), has completed the construction of the semisubmersible rig, Petrorig I.
Petrorig I was ready for delivery to Petrorig I Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PetroMENA ASA in early April 2009. However, as final payment was not made to JSPL under the construction contract, JSPL has terminated the contract today.
In accordance to its rights under the contract, Jurong Shipyard will proceed to sell the rig.
Petrorig I is a 6th generation ultra-deepwater semisubmersible rig built based on the Friede & Goldman Ex-D design. The rig is rated to work in water depths up to 3,000 meters and is also outfitted for harsh environment drilling conditions. The unit is also suitable for operations in most of the world's known challenging deepwater arenas.
Based on best known information, Jurong Shipyard is confident that it will be able to sell the rig and to recover all outstanding amounts owed to the shipyard. The event will not have any material impact on Sembcorp Marine.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: PetroMena more info
- Jurong Shipyard Exercises Right to Sell Petrorig I (Apr 29)
- PetroMena Denies Default on PetroRigs I & III (Apr 06)
- Seadrill Snaps Up Stake in Petromena's Bond Loan for 2 Deepwater Rigs (Mar 30)