StatoilHydro Gets Greenlight for Exploration Drilling in Norwegian Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent for exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea with the Ocean Vanguard semisub.
The consent is for exploration drilling of well 6507/3-7 and possible drilling of sidetrack 6507/3-7 A. The well has the following geographical coordinates:
N 65 degrees 49' 24.24", E 7 degrees 43' 08.15".
According to the application for consent, drilling activity is to begin in mid-May. The activity has an expected duration of 78 days, including a possible sidetrack.
Ocean Vanguard (formerly West Vanguard) is a Bingo 3000 type drilling facility, which was completed in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has since undergone several upgrades.
The installation is classified by DnV and is operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. Ocean Vanguard received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in July 2004.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)