PSA Norway Approves StatoilHydro's Use of Stena Don at Norne Field
StatoilHydro has received consent for use of the Stena Don semisub on the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea.
The consent is for stabilization of the M base frame during the installation of two 30" conductors in slots M-2 and M-4, and a 36" centre pile. The M base frame was installed in October 2008. The water depth at the site is 375 meters.
The consent is an extension of a consent for use of Stena Don, given in November 2006. The facility is operated by Stena Drilling AS. It received Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in March 2002.
According to the application for consent, work will commence at the end of April 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 12 days.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)