Geodynamics Reports Well Incident at Habanero 3 in Australia
Geodynamics, as operator of the Innamincka Joint Venture, has advised of a well incident at its Habanero 3 well site, located near Innamincka in remote South Australia.
Geodynamics Managing Director Gerry Grove-White said, "Importantly no one has been injured and the site has been secured to ensure the safety of personnel and the public."
At 8:30pm local time on April 24, 2009, a loud noise was heard and it was identified that water and steam were flowing to the surface at the Habanero 3 well head.
"Geodynamics is taking the matter extremely seriously and we have today mobilized an expert well control recovery team, comprising specialist engineers," Mr. Grove-White said.
Geodynamics is working with relevant authorities in response to this event and will provide further updates as they become available.
Participants in the Innamincka Joint Venture are:
- Geodynamics (Operator) -- 70%
- Origin Energy Geothermal Pty Ltd* -- 30%
* A wholly owned subsidiary of Origin Energy Limited
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)