Circle Oil Appoints New Non-Executive Director to Board
Circle Oil has announced the appointment of Mr. Ramadan Aburawi to its Board as a non-executive director with immediate effect.
Mr. Aburawi (age 64) is a Geologist with over forty years of operational, technical and managerial experience in upstream oil and gas and is currently a member of the Board of Directors and Exploration and Production Director of Libya Oil Holdings Limited. Libya Oil Holdings Limited currently holds 28.7% of Circle's issued ordinary shares. Prior to his involvement with Libya Oil Holdings, Mr. Aburawi spent a considerable portion of his career with Waha Oil Company (a major Libyan based upstream oil exploration and production company) with whom he held a number of senior technical and managerial positions. He also held managerial roles with Algerian Libyan Arab Petroleum E & P Company and the Arab Petroleum Services Company. Mr. Aburawi holds a B.Sc. in Geology from the University of Libya and an M.Sc. in Geology from the University of South Carolina, USA.
Commenting on the appointment of Mr. Aburawi to the Board, Circle's Chairman, Mr. Thomas Anderson said, "I am very much looking forward to working with Mr. Aburawi. I am sure that, given his long years of experience in the oil industry, he will have a positive contribution to make to our Board discussions and its decision making processes."
Mr. Aburawi holds the following current directorships:
Current Directorships and Partnerships:
- Libya Oil Holdings Limited
- The Joint Oil Exploration, Exploitation & Petroleum Services Co
- Libya Oil Exploration & Production Limited
- Tamoil Oil & Gas Exploration & Investments Limited
- ODEX Exploration Limited
- Earth Science Society of Libya
- Gas Production Restarts at ONHYM Pipeline in Morocco (Sep 16)
- Circle Oil Suffers Temporary Production Dip in Morocco Due to Earthquake (Aug 08)
- Circle Oil Agrees Repayment Extension (Jun 24)