O&G Service Co EFC Celebrates Record Six Months
Aberdeen-based Electro-Flow Controls (EFC), a leading designer and manufacturer of instrumentation, monitoring and control systems for the global oil and gas industry, is celebrating the best six months of new orders in the company's 22-year history.
Over the last four years, EFC has driven growth of 40% per annum and has just announced it is on track for another successful year with £3.5million of new sales orders in the past six months.
EFC provides bespoke, high-quality instrumentation systems including BOP controls packages, mud monitoring systems, CCTV systems and Finescale gauges for customers including Chevron, Texaco, Transocean, Noble, Stena Drilling, Seawell, Talisman, Apache and KCA Deutag.
EFC managing director John Wheeler said, "Our sales orders have exceeded our expectations and show that there is still a high level of investment going on in the oil and gas industry. Our sophisticated range of choke controls and well control systems meet the highest safety standards and have helped build EFC's excellent reputation for providing tailored system solutions to the global oil and gas industry.
"We will continue to expand overseas with 70% of our turnover comprising of the export market. However, we were very careful to build a solid foundation in the UK in from which to work from and continue to see the North Sea as a major focus for us with an ever growing demand for our services."
The privately-owned business was set up in 1988 by managing director John Wheeler, who was then joined by Ted Littlechild as a sales and marketing director.
The bulk of EFCs business comes from the mature drilling rigs market rather than new-builds, with retrofit work continuing to expand especially in the Middle East, Brazil and North America. However, the new-build side of the business shows no signs of faltering and has contributed to recent sales.
EFC employs 55 people at its bases in Aberdeen, UK, and Houston, Texas. The company has extended its operations in the city with two additional workshops, including a new hydraulic assembly and test facility to further develop its line of Choke & BOP Controls and to assist the firm’s growth. EFC has a second design and manufacturing base in Houston.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Electro-Flow Controls more info
- Helix Selects EFC for Well Enhancer Design Services (Apr 06)
- EFC Welcomes New Financial Director (Feb 08)
- Electro-Flow Controls Gets Backing for Management Buy-In (Dec 15)
Company: Seawell Limited more info
- Seawell, Allis-Chalmers Merger Finalized (Feb 24)
- Seawell to Acquire Allis-Chalmers for $890MM (Aug 13)
- Statoil Extends Production Drilling Contracts (Feb 16)