AWE Commences Drilling at Hovea-13 in Perth Basin
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited ("AWE") on behalf of the Hovea joint venture, reports that the north Perth Basin drilling program has commenced. Hovea-13 started drilling at 1630 hours on April 20, 2009 and at 0600 hours today (Western Standard Time) was conducting drilling operations at a measured depth of 107 meters.
Hovea-13 is an oil development well on the Hovea oil field, which is located in L1, approximately 16 kilometers east south east of Dongara.
Hovea-13 will target the Dongara Sandstone in a seismically mapped near crestal location within the central portion of the Hovea oil field. Hovea-13 has a planned total measured depth of approximately 2,200 meters.
This well is the first of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
Joint Venturers in the Hovea oil field are:
- AWE (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Resources Limited 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)