StatoilHydro to Use Island Constructor for Pipeline Installation
StatoilHydro has been granted consent for the use of Island Constructor to install conductor pipes in exploration well 35/2-2.
StatoilHydro has applied for consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 35/2-2 in production licenses 318 and 269 with the Transocean Winner semisub.
In the first stage of this drilling activity, the company wants the construction vessel Island Constructor to install conductor pipes in the well.
StatoilHydro has applied for exemption from the requirement that mobile facilities conducting petroleum activities on the Norwegian Shelf must have an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC).
Pursuant to Section 59 of the regulations relating to health, safety and the environment in the petroleum activities (the Framework Regulations), we have granted exemption from Section 17, third paragraph relating to health, safety and the environment in the petroleum activities regarding Acknowledgement of Compliance, for the purpose of installing conductor pipes in well 35/2-2, cf. Section 6, letter m of the Regulations relating to material and information in the petroleum activities.
From a risk-based approach, we accept such a simplified solution for this limited activity. It is assumed that the restrictions and compensating measures which are described in the information received from StatoilHydro are complied with and/or implemented.
The exemption is valid from April 10, 2009 to May 31, 2009.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World's Harshest Environments (Feb 21)
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)