NOPSA Issues Prohibition Notice to Woodside for Ngujima-Yin FPSO
The National Offshore Petroleum Safety Authority (NOPSA) has issued a Prohibition Notice to Woodside Energy Ltd, the operator of the Ngujima-Yin Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel.
The Ngujima-Yin is located at the Vincent oil field in Commonwealth waters in the Exmouth Sub-basin, 43 km north of the North West Cape and 10km north-east of the Enfield oil accumulation.
The Notice, which prohibits the re-start of petroleum production at the facility, has been issued after a fire caused extensive damage to the high pressure gas compression process module and may have also affected other safety critical plant or systems of the facility.
The Prohibition Notice will remain in force until NOPSA is satisfied that plant or systems damaged by the fire are fit for service and do not pose a risk to safe operations.
The fire, which is thought to have started at a Gas Turbine Compressor, occurred on April 13 on board the Ngujima-Yin and is being investigated by NOPSA inspectors.
NOPSA is the occupational health and safety regulator for the Australian offshore petroleum industry. NOPSA aims to achieve the outcome of an Australian oil and gas industry that properly controls the health and safety risks to its workforce at its offshore petroleum operations.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: National Offshore Petroleum Safety Authority (NOPSA) more info
- Norway Rig Evacuation Safely Completed (Nov 08)
- NOPSA Calls for Improved Well Safety after Montara Incident (Jan 18)
- APPEA Strongly Supports Legislation for Montara Well Leak Inquiry (Sep 09)