StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Exploration Well 35/2-2 in North Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 35/2-2 with the Transocean Winner semisubmersible drilling rig.
Well 35/2-2 belongs to production license 318 and 269. The well is located in the northern part of the North Sea, northeast of Snorre.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
N 61 degree 52' 36.2", E 03 degree 24' 51.0". Water depth at the location is 372 meters.
Transocean Winner is a GVA-4000 type drilling facility, built in 1983 by Gotaverken Arendal in Sweden. Since then it has undergone modifications and upgrades.
Drilling will, according to the consent application, commence at the beginning of May 2009. The operation is estimated to last 73 days.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)