NPD Gives StatoilHydro Greenlight to Drill North Sea Wildcat
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 30/5-3 A, cf. the Resource Management Regulations Section 8.
Wellbore 30/5-3 A will be drilled from the drilling facility Transocean Winner at position 60 degrees 39' 26.3" North and 02 degrees 39' 33.6" East as a sidetrack from the main wellbore 30/5-3.
The drilling program for wellbore 30/5-3 A is for the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 309. StatoilHydro is the operator with an ownership interest of 44 percent. The other licensees are ConocoPhillips Scandinavia AS with 2.58 percent, StatoilHydro ASA with 19.82 percent and Petoro AS with 33.6 percent.
Well 30/5-3 A lies northwest of Oseberg, 30 kilometers south of the Huldra field and 22 kilometers north of Tune.
The area in this production license consists of parts of blocks 30/5, 30/6, 30/8, 30/9, 31/4 and 31/7 and was awarded in APA 2003. This is a sidetrack well which will be drilled from the first well in the production license.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)