Petrobras Reports Espirito Santo Oil Find to ANP
RIO DE JANEIRO (Dow Jones Newswires), Apr. 16, 2009
Brazilian state-run energy giant Petrobras notified the National Petroleum Agency late Wednesday that it had discovered traces of oil in an Espirito Santo Basin exploration well.
Petrobras' latest find was made in the offshore ES-M-590 block in the Espirito Santo Basin. Petrobras is lead operator of the block with a 60% share, while U.S. independent Anadarko Petroleum holds the remaining 40% stake.
ANP drilling data showed that the Deepwater Millenium at the site, drilling in 1,798 meters of water and targeting a total depth of 6,375 meters.
Oil companies operating in Brazil must inform the ANP of indications of oil, gas or hydrocarbons in any exploratory well within 48 hours. The disclosures are routine, and do not indicate commercial viability.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)