StatoilHydro Taps Island Wellserver for North Sea Well Intervention
StatoilHydro has been awarded consent for the use of the mobile facility Island Wellserver for light well intervention.
The consent is for well intervention at fields including the Tordis, Vigdis, Snorre UPA, Statfjord, Gullfaks, Sygna, Asgard, Heidrun and Norne from 2009 until the end of 2011.
Island Wellserver is a mobile facility purpose-built for light well intervention ("Subsea Riserless Well Intervention Vessel"), and is operated by Island Offshore.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Island Offshore more info
- VARD Secures $168M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore (May 26)
- VARD Secures $65M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore (Dec 02)
- Aker Solutions Wins North Sea Contracts with Island Offshore (Jun 08)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)