Noble Sees Positive Results from Flow Tests at Dalit Offshore Israel
Noble Energy has announced flow test results from the Dalit natural gas discovery in the Michal license offshore Israel. Of the previously reported 110 feet of net pay identified, testing procedures were performed over a limited 43-foot section of the reservoir. The tests, which yielded a flow rate of 33 million cubic feet per day (Mmcf/d) of natural gas, were limited by testing equipment available on the rig.
Performance modeling indicates the well can be ultimately completed to achieve a production rate of about 200 Mmcf/d. Based on log and test results, Dalit is estimated to contain gross mean resources of approximately 500 billion cubic feet of natural gas.
Charles D. Davidson, Noble Energy's Chairman, President and CEO, said, "These results are very encouraging. Even though Dalit is smaller than Tamar, the discovery of this high quality reservoir adds important natural gas resources for development and gives us further confidence that our geologic model for this region is working very well. We expect to begin acquiring 3D seismic during the next several months to supplement our understanding of this basin and the various leads on our acreage."
The rig will immediately return to the Tamar discovery in the Matan license to drill an appraisal well designed to better define the resources of Tamar. The current estimated gross mean resource potential of Tamar is 5 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
Noble Energy operates both the Michal and Matan licenses with a 36 percent working interest. Other interest owners are Isramco Negev 2 with 28.75 percent, Delek Drilling with 15.625 percent, Avner Oil Exploration with 15.625 percent and Dor Gas Exploration with the remaining four percent.
- Gulfport Names Noble Energy Executive As Operations Chief (Jan 03)
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
Company: Delek Drilling more info
- Leviathan Partners Approve Natgas Production Target For Late 2019 (Dec 12)
- Israel Approves Energean Purchase of Karish, Tanin Fields (Dec 07)
- Delek Drilling and Avner Agree to Sell Israeli Fields to Energean (Aug 17)
Company: Isramco more info
- Noble Inks LOI to Sell Tamar Natural Gas Offshore Israel (Dec 28)
- Isramco Releases Third Quarter 2009 Earnings (Nov 11)
- Noble Energy Successfully Appraises Tamar Offshore Israel (Jul 07)
Company: Avner Oil Exploration more info
- Israel Electric Boosts Natgas Supply from Tamar Site (May 11)
- Source: Italy's Edison Suspends Talks to Buy Two Israeli Gas Fields (Feb 09)
- Israeli Gas Group May Seek Arbitration in Row with Regulator (Dec 24)