Ecopetrol, Anadarko to Jointly Explore BMC-29 Offshore Brazil
Ecopetrol S.A., through its Brazilian subsidiary, Ecopetrol Oil Gas do Brasil Ltda., signed a Participation Agreement with Anadarko's subsidiary, Anadarko Exploracao e Producao de Petroleo e Gas Natural Ltda. Through this agreement, Ecopetrol Oil Gas do Brasil Ltda. will have a 50% participation in the BMC-29 Concession in Brazil.
The BMC-29 Concession is an offshore concession located in the Campos Basin of Brazil that has a water depth between 30 and 100 meters and an area of 179 km2. The Concession was awarded to Anadarko during the sixth round of auctions in Brazil and it is currently in the exploratory phase.
This Participation Agreement allows Ecopetrol to continue its international growth, especially in Brazil, where it is already involved in other oil exploratory blocks and the production of hydrocarbons in conjunction with companies such as Petrobras, Vale and Petrogal in the Campos, Santos and Para Maranhao Basins of Brazil.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)