Atwood's Richmond Contracted to Drill One Well in Gulf of Mexico
Atwood Oceanics announced that the Richmond was awarded a contract by Applied Drilling Technology, Inc. to drill one-well in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico at a dayrate of $52,500.
This well (estimated to take 40 days to complete) will be drilled immediately following the completion of the rig's current contract which is expected to terminate in late April 2009 or early May 2009.
The Richmond (the Company's only rig in the Gulf of Mexico) has been highly utilized for many years and has repeatedly proven its outstanding station-keeping capability and durability during recent hurricane seasons.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Applied Drilling Technology, Inc. (ADTI) more info
- Northern Offshore Lines Up North Sea Gig (Feb 19)
- Xcite Inks LOI for Deepwater Jackup in UK North Sea (Feb 10)
- J W McLean Contracted for Sterling's Cladhan Appraisal Well (Dec 21)