ExxonMobil Resumes SOEP Production Activites
Gas production from the Sable Offshore Energy Project (SOEP) was shut-in at approximately 2:10 a.m. ADT, on April 7, 2009 as a result of operational incidents.
Since that time, ExxonMobil, the operator of SOEP, has been repairing equipment in order to resume production.
The CNSOPB has reviewed the offshore incidents and approved ExxonMobil's repair and pre-start test programs.
ExxonMobil has now completed these programs and has resumed production activities effective April 12, 2009.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board more info
- CNSOPB Issues Call for Bids on 2 Shallow Water Parcels (Dec 04)
- CNSOPB Awards 2 Deepwater Licenses Off Sable Island (Jul 06)
- ExxonMobil Resumes SOEP Production Activites (Apr 13)