Talisman Taps Maersk Guardian for North Sea P&A Operations
Talisman Energy Norway AS (Talisman) has received consent to use the Maersk Guardian jackup for the plugging and abandoning of wildcat well 7/8-5 S, Krabbe.
The well is part of production license 301, and is in the southern part of the North Sea, about 245 kilometers to the southwest of Egersund. The water depth at the site is approximately 81 meters.
The following activities will be carried out:
- The removal of the upper temporary barrier.
- Cutting and removing 9-5/8" casing and setting a permanent concrete plug.
- Removal of 13-3/8" casing at least 5 meters below seabed-level.
According to the consent application, startup is planned for May/ June 2009 at the earliest.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)