Petrobras Spies Traces of Oil at Campos Basin Test Well
Late Monday, Petrobras notified Brazil's National Petroleum Agency (ANP) that traces of oil were identified during the drilling of a test well in the Campos Basin, reports Dow Jones. The find is located in the C-M-401 block, in which Petrobras retains a 100% stake.
According to Dow Jones, the Peregrine 1 drillship was drilling in the C-M-401 block at a water depth of 976.5 meters and a target depth of 3,333 meters.
Oil companies must notify the ANP of any hydrocarbon finds in an exploratory well within 72 hours, but the notification does not indicate whether the find is commercially viable.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)