VWS Westgarth Snags Contract for PSVM FPSO Project in Angola's Block 31
VWS Westgarth, part of Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies, has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract by MODEC Offshore Production Systems for their PSVM FPSO project for the BP Angola PSVM (Plutao, Saturno, Venus and Marte) field development in Block 31 Angola.
The award is for the supply of a Water Treatment Package comprising pre-treatment and seawater sulphate removal (SRP) systems with a capacity of 31,800m3/day (200,000 BWPD). Also included within the scope is an integrated seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) system for process wash water sized at 20,000 BWPD.
The SRP is designed to remove sulphates and other divalent ions from injection water to enhance oil recovery using Dow/Filmtec SR90 membranes. The removal of these ions reduces the tendency of barium sulphate and strontium sulphate scale to form in the reservoir. The wash water is used in the crude oil desalting process.
This is the first SRP project to be awarded to VWS Westgarth by MODEC, and can be attributed in some manner to the success of VWS Westgarth's previous SRP for BP, the FPSO Greater Plutonio, also located in Angola Block 18, completed in 2005. This installation is still the world's largest capacity SRP. The PSVM contract will be engineered in VWS Westgarth's offices in East Kilbride in the outskirts of Glasgow where the company's numbers have grown to more than 130 oil and gas industry dedicated staff.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Down Is Up as Aging Oil Fields Defy Gravity to Pump More (Mar 09)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: VWS Westgarth more info
- VWS Westgarth Awarded FPSO Installation Contract Offshore Brazil (Sep 02)
- VWS Westgarth Snags Contract for PSVM FPSO Project in Angola's Block 31 (Apr 03)
- VWS Snags Water Injection Contract to Develop Petrobras' P57 (Sep 22)