M-I Swaco Acquires Production Chemicals Co in Louisiana
M‐I SWACO has expanded its offering of production chemicals and related technologies in the United States with the acquisition of Broussard, Louisiana‐based CHEMTECH.
CHEMTECH supplies a complete range of oilfield production chemicals and supporting services. It has products in all major production treating application segments including emulsion control, corrosion inhibition, scale prevention, paraffin control, gas hydrate inhibition and solids dispersion.
CHEMTECH also has a fully customizable reporting software package called WELLTRACK and a patented chemical injection pump system called the ECO‐PUMP. These products, along with its expansive line of production chemicals, will integrate well with current M‐I SWACO
Production Technologies product segment products and services.
This acquisition will allow M‐I SWACO to bring value‐added services to current its customers in the United States and widen their choice of production technology providers. In addition, the extensive supply chain, logistical network and experienced personnel provided by the
M‐I SWACO infrastructure will expand the reach of CHEMTECH and provide accelerated opportunities for growth.
"The M‐I SWACO Production Technologies product segment has been operating internationally for many years, and we look forward to bringing this experience and expertise to our customers in the United States," said M‐I SWACO President and CEO Chris Rivers. "M‐I SWACO has an unrivalled infrastructure in the U.S. oilfield industry and we expect this acquisition will allow us to offer our customers enhanced service and products for their production assets."
M‐I SWACO, which is based in Houston, TX and jointly owned 60% by Smith International, Inc. and 40% by Schlumberger Limited, is a leading provider of a wide range of products and engineering services designed to deliver Drilling Solutions, Environmental Solutions, Wellbore Productivity and Production Technologies. The company is strategically located in more than 70 countries.
- Egypt Says Signs Seismic Survey Deal With Schlumberger (Feb 14)
- Halliburton Takes Fracking Fight From Oil Field to Patent Office (Feb 06)
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)
Company: Smith International, Inc. more info
- Schlumberger, Smith Offer to Repurchase up to $1.87B in Debt (Sep 22)
- Schlumberger Finalizes $11B Merger with Smith International (Aug 30)
- US Dept. of Justice OKs Schlumberger-Smith Merger (Jul 27)
Company: M-I Swaco more info
- Schlumberger Co. Acquires Idrabel Italia (Oct 01)
- Smith Int'l Confirms 2 Missing Employees (Apr 23)
- M-I SWACO to Service Chevron's Rigs Offshore Angola (Apr 15)