Det Norske Experiences Highest Exploration Activity Ever
Det norske is currently experiencing its highest exploration activity ever, with four ongoing exploration wells.
This week operator StatoilHydro started to drill sidetrack well 30/11 7A to appraise the Fulla-gas and condensate discovery in PL 035B/PL 362. The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate reported on February 5, 2009 that StatoilHydro had made a discovery of 6 million boe to 18 million boe of gas and condensate on the Fulla prospect. Det norske has a 15 percent interest in the license. The aim of the appraisal well is to prove more resources.
Talisman Energy has spudded exploration well 15/12-21 on the Grevling prospect as operator in PL 038D. Originally, Det norske had a 5 percent interest in the prospect, but this was recently lifted to 30 percent. Grevling is an oil prospect north of Varg, and a discovery could be tied back to the field and help extend production from the field.
StatoilHydro is currently drilling exploration well 16/2-5 on the Ragnarock Graben prospect in PL 265. Det norske has a 20 percent interest in the license.
In addition to this, Bredford Dolphin’s next assignment will be to drill the Eitri prospect eight km east of the Jotun field where Det norske has a 35 percent interest. Det norske will drill also the well on behalf of license operator ExxonMobil.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)