Norsk Helicopter Now Listed Under Bristow Banner
Norway has a new helicopter company under the Bristow banner effective from today, April 1, 2009.
Norsk Helikopter AS, which was bought by Bristow Helicopters Ltd. last year, becomes Bristow Norway AS, based at Stavanger Airport, Sola.
The fleet, of S-92 helicopters, will now fly under the distinctive blue and red Bristow fan logo.
Bristow had previously owned 49% of Norsk Helikopter but bought the remaining 51%, from joint owners the Ugland family of Grimstad in Norway, last October.
Norsk was established in 1993 and, under the Bristow name, will continue to operate as a Norwegian company with Leif Overskott as the Area Manager for Norway.
Richard Burman, managing director of Bristow Helicopters, said, "We are delighted to bring Norsk on and we are looking forward to developing the brand. Bristow Norway will continue to develop the local experience and expertise that has been established through Norsk Helikopter over the last 15 years. We are currently using our global operational experience to focus on the opportunities for Bristow in the Norwegian oil and gas sector."
Bristow Norway AS has bases in Stavanger, Bergen, Bronnoysund and Hammerfest and provides offshore helicopter transport and search and rescue services to clients in the energy sector, including StatoilHydro, ConocoPhillips, BP Norge, Talisman Energy Norge, Aker Exploration and Eni Norge. The company also provides offshore services for several other companies in the Norwegian energy market.