NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for Wellbore 30/11-7 A
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 30/11-7 A, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 30/11-7 A will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisub at position 60 degrees 00' 21.3" North and 02 degrees 22' 25.5" East, after the facility concludes the drilling of wildcat well 6705/10-1 for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 327 B.
The drilling program for wellbore 30/11-7 A relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 035 B. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 50%, while Svenska Petroleum Exploration AS has 25%, Det norske oljeselskap ASA 15% and Dana Petroleum Norway AS has 10%.
The area of this license consists of the southwest part of block 30/11. The well will be drilled about 10 km northwest of the Frigg field in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 035 B was awarded on November 26, 2008. This is the eighth well to be drilled in the block. The well will be drilled as a cost-sharing project between production licenses 035 B and 362.
The permit has been granted on the condition that the operator has secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Svenska Petroleum more info
- Det Norske Buys Svenska Petroleum's Norwegian Business for $75M (Oct 14)
- Det Norske Drills Two Dry Wells (Sep 09)
- Statoil Finds Oil, Gas at Askja (Jan 02)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)