Total Secures Long Term Partnership in Abu Dhabi's Gasco
Total has signed agreements for a 20-year extension of its 15% participation in Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Limited Company ("Gasco"), alongside the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company ("Adnoc," 68%), Shell (15%) and Partex (2%).
The agreements consolidate the commitment of Gasco's shareholders to the company's safe and efficient operations, as well as its striving to continuously improve environmental performance through technical support and technology transfer.
Since 1924, Total has been developing long term partnerships in the Middle East. By signing these agreements, Total is pleased to extend and further strengthen its historic cooperation with Adnoc and Abu Dhabi.
Total Exploration and Production in the United Arab Emirates
In the United Arab Emirates, where Total has been present since 1939, Total’s production was 243 kboe/d in 2008.
In Abu Dhabi, Total holds interests in the Abu Al Bu Khoosh field (75%, operator), in the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO, 9.5%), which operates the five principal onshore fields in Abu Dhabi, and in Abu Dhabi Marine (ADMA, 13.3%), which operates two offshore fields. Total also has interests in Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Company (ADGAS, 5%), which produces LNG, LPG and condensates.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations more info
- State Media: China Secures $330M UAE Oil Field Deal (May 18)
- BP CEO Dudley Says Talks Ongoing on Abu Dhabi Concessions (Nov 05)
- Flowserve Receives Pump Order for ADCO's Bida Al Qemzan Field (Nov 30)
Company: Partex Oil and Gas more info
- Total-Led Consortium Snaps Up Interest in Algerian Ahnet License (Dec 22)
- Gardenia Prospect Offshore Angola Blooms for Total (Oct 23)
- Total Secures Long Term Partnership in Abu Dhabi's Gasco (Apr 01)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- UAE's ADNOC Proposes Change To Oil Price Mechanism (Dec 11)
- Nikkei: ADNOC To Decide On Japan Oil Concession Renewal By Early Next Year (Jul 28)
- UAE Pledges Further Oil Output Cuts Starting in September (Jul 25)
Company: Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Co. more info
- AMEC Bags $124M Deal for PMC Services for the Umm Lulu Project (Dec 06)
- Technip Scores Flare Modification Contract Offshore UAE (May 23)
- AMEC Scores PMC Work Offshore UAE (Mar 02)