Noble Finds Gas at Dalit in Deepwaters Offshore Israel
Noble Energy has made a natural gas discovery at the Dalit prospect in the Michal license, offshore Israel. Located in approximately 4,500 feet of water and 30 miles offshore, the well was drilled by the Atwood Hunter semisubmersible rig to a depth of 12,000 feet. Formation logs identified more than 110 feet of net pay in a high-quality reservoir.
Dalit represents the Company's second subsalt, lower-Miocene discovery in the underexplored Levantine basin.
Charles D. Davidson, Noble Energy's Chairman, President and CEO, said, "With the successes at Tamar and Dalit, we have potentially opened up a substantial new resource basin, where we have an interest in about three million gross acres. We are moving forward with development plans to bring first production to Israel from this new region in 2012. At the same time, we continue to remain focused on the vast exploration potential remaining, and we plan to conduct new 3D seismic later this year over various leads in our other licenses in the area. Based on results from the seismic program, we could see further exploration in the region starting in the second half of 2010."
Production testing will be performed at Dalit after the well is completed. Subsequent to testing, the rig will return to the Tamar discovery in the Matan license to drill an appraisal well designed to better define the resources of Tamar.
Noble Energy operates both the Michal and Matan licenses with a 36 percent working interest. Other interest owners are Isramco Negev 2 with 28.75 percent, Delek Drilling with 15.625 percent, Avner Oil Exploration with 15.625 percent and Dor Gas Exploration with the remaining four percent.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Gulfport Names Noble Energy Executive As Operations Chief (Jan 03)
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
Company: Delek Drilling more info
- Leviathan Partners Approve Natgas Production Target For Late 2019 (Dec 12)
- Israel Approves Energean Purchase of Karish, Tanin Fields (Dec 07)
- Delek Drilling and Avner Agree to Sell Israeli Fields to Energean (Aug 17)
Company: Isramco more info
- Noble Inks LOI to Sell Tamar Natural Gas Offshore Israel (Dec 28)
- Isramco Releases Third Quarter 2009 Earnings (Nov 11)
- Noble Energy Successfully Appraises Tamar Offshore Israel (Jul 07)
Company: Avner Oil Exploration more info
- Israel Electric Boosts Natgas Supply from Tamar Site (May 11)
- Source: Italy's Edison Suspends Talks to Buy Two Israeli Gas Fields (Feb 09)
- Israeli Gas Group May Seek Arbitration in Row with Regulator (Dec 24)