Saipem Charters Scarabeo 6 Semisub for Operations in Egyptian Waters
Saipem has been awarded a new contract worth approximately US $400 million for the charter of offshore drilling rig Scarabeo 6.
The contract has been assigned to Saipem by Burullus Gas Company extending their charter of Scarabeo 6 to the fourth quarter of 2014. The rig will continue to operate in Egyptian waters where she is presently working for the same client.
Scarabeo 6 is a third-generation semisubmersible rig capable, at present, of drilling to depths of up to 7,500 meters, operating in water depths of up to 780 meters. The operating capacity will be raised to 1,100 meters of water depth, following the rig upgrading works, which will be executed in a six-month period between the second quarter of 2011 and the second quarter of 2012.
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Burullus Gas Company more info
- Diamond Offshore Mobilizes Rig from GOM to Egypt (Jul 09)
- Technip Awarded EPIC Contract Offshore Egypt (Jun 30)
- Technip Wins EPIC Gig for West Delta Deep Marine Phase VII (Dec 10)