Dolphin Drilling Finalizes Contract with BP for Byford Dolphin
In February 2009, Fred Olsen reported that the Byford Dolphin commenced a nine-month contract with Senergy in October 2008, which is estimated to end in July 2009.
In October 2008 a further three-year letter of award was entered into with BP for operation in the UK sector of the North Sea, resulting in the rig being committed to the first quarter 2013. The final contract has now been signed with BP Exploration Operating Company.
The Byford Dolphin semisub is scheduled to go through its five year class renewal survey in the fourth quarter 2009 / first quarter 2010.
The Byford Dolphin semisub is rated for waters reaching 1,500 feet deep and is capable of drilling to a depth of 20,000 feet.
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Down Is Up as Aging Oil Fields Defy Gravity to Pump More (Mar 09)
Company: Fred, Olsen ASA more info
- Fred. Olsen Energy Says Lossmaking Contract Levels Persist (Feb 16)
- Norwegian Oil Drillers Call in Mediator after Wage Talks Fail (May 22)
- Norway's Fred. Olsen Energy Sees Tough Rig Market Ahead (Oct 28)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)