Pemex Taps Rowan's Gorilla IV for 785-Day Contract
Rowan has signed an agreement with Petroleos Mexicanos ("Pemex") for Rowan's Gorilla IV jackup, with work commencing in the second quarter of 2009. The contract is expected to provide approximately $124 million of drilling revenues.
Matt Ralls, Rowan's President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are delighted for this opportunity to further diversify our global drilling operations and look forward to working for Pemex again."
Rowan Companies, Inc. is a worldwide provider of contract drilling services utilizing a fleet of 22 high-spec offshore jack-up rigs and 32 deep-well land drilling rigs.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)