W&T Offshore Wins 4 Outer Continental Shelf Blocks in GOM
W&T Offshore was the apparent high bidder on four Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) blocks in the Central Gulf of Mexico Lease Sale 208 held on March 18, 2009 by the U.S. Minerals Management Service (MMS).
The four apparent high bids were on Ship Shoal Block 360, Ship Shoal Block 367, South Timbalier Block 304 and Main Pass Block 284, all on the conventional shelf. Three of the four blocks are near existing infrastructure.
W&T Offshore's investment on the high bids will be approximately $0.7 million, which reflects a 100% working interest. High bids are subject to MMS review and acceptance.
- Obama Names New Head of MMS (Jun 15)
- Abbey Implements New Drilling Requirements (Jun 07)
- MMS Chief Resigns (May 27)
Company: W&T Offshore more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- W&T Offshore Strikes Black Gold at Mahogany Field (Jan 06)
- US Jury Finds Apache Did Not Breach Contract With W&T Offshore (Dec 15)
- W&T Ban From Bidding For Oil Could Last 3 Years, EPA Says (Dec 03)