NPD Grants Drilling Permit to ExxonMobil for New North Sea Wellbore
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 25/8-16 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 25/8-16 S will be drilled from the drilling facility Bredford Dolphin at position 59 degrees 24' 56.25" North and 02 degrees 29' 2.34" East following completed drilling of wildcat well 15/6-10 for ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS in production license 029 B.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/8-16 S concerns the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 027 D. ExxonMobil is the operator with a 50% interest, while the other licensees are Dana and Det norske with 40 and 10% respectively. The area for this permit consists of parts of block 25/8. Well 25/8-16 S is located just southeast of the middle part of the Jotun field in the North Sea.
Production license 027 D was awarded on December 7, 2007 as a supplement to the 1st licensing round. This is the first well to be drilled in the production license.
The drilling permit has been granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)