PSA Norway Gives StatoilHydro Thumbs Up to Drill New North Sea Well
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern part of the North Sea using the semisubmersible drilling rig Transocean Winner.
Well 30/9-23 is part of Production License 104 and is located about six kilometers east of Oseberg A. The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 60 degrees 27' 32.76", E 2 degrees 59' 07.64". Water depth at the site is 114 meters.
According to the application for consent, start-up of drilling is planned for the beginning of May 2009. Drilling operations have an estimated duration of 45 days.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)