Petrobras Taps Ocean Rig's Leiv Eiriksson for Black Sea Exploration
DryShips' wholly-owned subsidiary Ocean Rig ASA has received a Letter of Award from Petrobras for a 3-year period employment contract for exploration drilling in the Black Sea.
The 3 year term includes mobilization, disassembly and reassembly of the derrick structure for transit through the Bosporus Strait. The contract is expected to commence in direct continuation from the current contract with Shell. The contract value is approximately US $630 million including an estimated 60 days of mobilization, disassembly/reassembly of the derrick structure and an incentive bonus of 8%.
George Economou, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DryShips Inc. commented, "We are very pleased to be part of this exciting exploration project with Petrobras and see this as an excellent opportunity to expand our relationship with Petrobras, the biggest end-user of ultra-deepwater units in the world. This will enhance the cash flow stability and visibility of our UDW drilling unit. This recent fixture is testament of the strong fundamentals of the ultra-deepwater drilling segment which is underpinned by the large exploration and production projects already under way by oil majors and national oil companies."
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)
Company: Dryships Inc. more info
- Dryships to Sell Stake to Fund Deepwater Drillships (Dec 03)
- Dryships Seeks 4 New Ultra-Deepwater Drillships for $2.4B (Nov 23)
- DryShips Appoints Interim CEO for Subsidiary (Jul 15)