Verenex Unable to Confirm Libya's Plan to Buy Company
Verenex is unable to confirm or deny reports on various news services this morning that Libya plans to buy Verenex. As previously announced, the proposed sale of Verenex is subject to certain consents from the Libyan National Oil Corporation (the "NOC").
Verenex has requested such consents from the NOC but no formal decision has yet been communicated to the Company.
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)
Company: Verenex Energy more info
- Marathon Struggles to Exit Libya as Unrest Grows (Oct 25)
- Verenex Completes Arrangement with Libyan Investment Authority (Dec 21)
- Verenex Updates on Acquisition Status (Dec 15)