Northern Petroleum Wraps Up Seismic Survey in 6 West Sicily Licenses
Northern Petroleum (UK) Limited completed its 2D seismic operations on Mar. 16 in six West Sicily offshore thrust belt licenses G.R17.NP, G.R18.NP, G.R19.NP, G.R20.NP, G.R21.NP and G.R22.NP. Seismic acquisition commenced on Feb. 13 and 2463 kms of data have been acquired in these licenses using the vessel 'BOS Angler' contracted from Bergen Oilfield Services.
This seismic acquisition in the West Sicily licenses was the first part of the work program being funded by Shell Italia E&P S.p.A under the farm-in arrangement announced in December 2008. The aim of the survey was to obtain a better definition of the substantial leads identified in the previous seismic campaign.
The vessel has now commenced operations on Northern's wholly owned permit C.R147.NP off Pantelleria Island in the Sicily channel. The planned 500 kms 2D seismic survey in this area is again aimed to improve delineation of several large prospects, each with potential for over 200mbls recoverable oil reserves. The survey is expected to finish later this month.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: Bergen Oilfield Services ASA (BOS) more info
- Bergen Group Dreggen Wins Brazilian EPC contract (May 29)
- Subsea 7 Awards EPC Contract to Bergen Group (May 25)
- Offshore Division Delivers 'Satisfactory' Result for Bergen Group (Feb 15)