Ecopetrol, Petrobras Shake on Exploration, Production Projects in Peru
Through its affiliate in Peru, Ecopetrol entered into two agreements with Petrobras Energia del Peru, S.A. to acquire a share in two exploration and production blocks in Peru.
In the first block (Lot 110), Ecopetrol will have a 50% share. In the second (Lot 117), the company will have participation of 25%.
Both blocks are located in the eastern region of the country. Block 117, with an extension of 13,865 km2, is located in the northeastern corner, on the border with Colombia and Ecuador, within the Maranon basin. Block 110, with an extension of 14,831 km2, is located in the southeastern region, on the Ucayali basin.
These two blocks are part of the agreements subscribed in 2006 with Perupetro and are currently in exploration phase.
These agreements enable Ecopetrol S.A. to continue with its internationalization process in Peru, where it already has a holding in hydrocarbon exploration and production blocks in association with companies such as Repsol and Talisman in Blocks 90, 101 and 134. Additionally, Ecopetrol S.A. has a share in six Technical Evaluation Areas (TEA), together with Petrobras and Petroperu.
These agreements represent a further step in the internationalization process of Ecopetrol, as part of the strategy intended to reach a production on one million barrels of oil equivalent per day in the year 2015.
The agreements are subject the approvals of the Peruvian authorities.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)