J. Ray Wins Karan Offshore Platforms, Pipelines Project in Saudi Arabia
McDermott's subsidiary, J. Ray McDermott, has been awarded the Karan Offshore Platforms and Subsea Pipelines project by Saudi Aramco. The project involves work inside Saudi Arabia and outside the Kingdom. Once complete, the facility will have a production capacity of 1,800 million cubic feet per day of raw sour Khuff gas.
"J. Ray McDermott has been a consistent contractor for Saudi Aramco for almost 40 years," said Bob Deason, J. Ray's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our first successful collaboration was in 1972, in the Safaniya Field, and most recently with the Long Term Agreement and Maintain Potential projects. We believe that our familiarity with Saudi Aramco’s standards has enabled us to maintain our high ranking in their technical evaluations and our ability to win repeat business is the reward for consistently delivering excellence on Saudi Aramco projects."
The project comprises four wellhead complexes each of which has a platform topside with gas, chemical injection, and controls facilities as well as a bridge connected auxiliary platform, associated flare bridges and stacks. The four wellhead complexes are clustered around a tie-in platform with similar facilities. The project also includes intrafield pipelines as well as a 110 kilometer trunkline to the shore and all subsea power distribution cables.
The fabrication scope includes topsides and jackets weighing a total of 27,000 metric tons and will utilize J. Ray's new cladding facility in Jebel Ali, which, with its state-of-the-art computerized vertical and horizontal cladding systems, is capable of welding high integrity corrosion resistant alloys. J. Ray will also perform all of the offshore installation work.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: Saudi Aramco more info
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)