Oselvar Field Development Plan Submitted to Norwegian Authorities
Norwegian Energy Company ASA (Noreco) reports that the development plan for Oselvar has been submitted to Norwegian authorities. Noreco owns 15% of the field, and will book an additional 7.8 million barrels of oil equivalents, a 24% increase in the company's 2P reserves.
"Oselvar is one of several discoveries in our portfolio that are being brought towards development, all of which will add material reserves and create significant value for the company," says CEO Scott Kerr.
The field is expected to start producing in the fourth quarter of 2011, and will increase Noreco's production by 2,700 boepd. The reserves of the development are 52 MMboe. Noreco's share is 7.8 million barrels (3.7 million barrels of oil and 4.1 million boe of gas), and these will be added to Noreco's proven and probable reserves (2P) at the end of Q1 2009. This excludes any contribution from the Ipswich discovery, which has significant add-on potential. There is also further exploration potential from identified prospects in the license.
The total cost of the development is estimated to be NOK 4.7 billion, of which Noreco's share amounts to NOK 0.7 billion. The bulk of the capital investments will come in late 2010 and 2011. The investments in 2009 are limited, and are included in the guidance Noreco provided on 19 February 2009.
Facts About Oselvar
The Oselvar field is located on the Norwegian continental shelf, close to the English border and 23 kilometers from the Ula Field. According to the development plan, three subsea horizontal production wells will be drilled and connected via a multi-phase pipeline to the Ula platform for further processing. From Ula, the produced oil will be transported via the Ekofisk/Norpipe system to Teesside, UK. The other partners in license PL274 are DONG E&P Norge AS (operator, 40%), Bayerngas Produksjon Norge (30%), and Wintershall Norge ASA (15%)
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Wintershall more info
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Wintershall's Libya Oil Output Sharply Lower At 10,000 Bpd (Aug 28)
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)