Seadrill Subscribes to Scorpion Private Placement
Seadrill has participated in the Scorpion Offshore Limited private placement and subscribed and been allocated 10,810,811 shares at NOK16.00 per share, representing an investment of US $24.4 million. Seadrill directly and indirectly controls 39.6 percent of the outstanding shares through forward contracts for 22,192,500 shares and direct ownership of 12,446,403 shares.
Seadrill considers its ownership interest in Scorpion as a long-term strategic investment. The participation in the private placement was based on a decision to contribute to build a financial foundation, enabling Scorpion to conclude its jack-up investment program and cover the losses related to Scorpion's deepwater project which now is terminated.
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)