ConocoPhillips to Conduct North Sea Drilling with Maersk Gallant
ConocoPhillips received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 8/10-3 using the Maersk Gallant jackup. The well is part of production license 331 and is located about 55 km north-northeast of the Ekofisk Complex.
Well 8/10-3 has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 57 degrees 02' 23.481"
- E 03 degrees 17' 01.820"
Maersk Gallant is operated by Maersk Contractors Norge A/S. The jackup received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in August 2002.
The plan is to commence drilling around mid-March 2009, after the facility has concluded a stay at the shipyard in Esbjerg. The activity has an estimated duration of about 176 days.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)