ExxonMobil Gets Go-Ahead to Drill New North Sea Well in PL 027D
ExxonMobil has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 25/8-16 S with the Bredford Dolphin semisubmersible drilling rig.
The well is part of production license 027D and is located in the northern North Sea approximately 15 kilometers north of the Balder field. Det norske oljeselskap ASA (Det norske) will drill the well on behalf of the operator ExxonMobil.
Bredford Dolphin, which is operated by Dolphin AS, is a type Semisub Aker H-3 facility. The semisub received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's Acknowledgement of Compliance on June 28, 2007.
Expected start-up of the drilling activity is the middle of March 2009, but will depend on the results from drilling activities which are planned prior to this.
The activity has an estimated duration of 34 days.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)