CGGVeritas' 'Symphony' Vessel Breaks 3D Seismic Record
The CGGVeritas 'Symphony' vessel achieved a new industry record for 3D seismic production efficiency by acquiring 2,490 sq km of data during the month of January.
Towing 12 Sentinel® solid streamers, the high-capacity 3D vessel broke the record while conducting a survey for Santos, a major Australian-based E&P company, offshore east India.
Cameron Astill, Executive Vice President, APAC region, commented, "The Symphony achieved a tremendous performance that exceeded client expectations. The deployment of Sentinel®, the industry's most robust low-noise streamers, ensured that we provided our clients with the best in data quality to complement the speed and efficiency of acquisition."
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)