Gazprom Discusses Spanish Involvement in Russian Projects
According to a report from Reuters, Russian Gazprom is involved in talks with Spanish Repsol, as well as other companies, about the Russian Yamal field development.
In a Tuesday statement from Gazprom's chair Alexei Miller, the executive also said that the company is considering the possibility of Repsol participating in LNG-related projects.
"We will consider the possibility of Spanish companies taking part in Russian projects, including Yamal," Miller said. "Gazprom is in talks about such participation with companies including Repsol. We will continue talks about its (Repsol's) participation in LNG-related projects."
Additionally, he said that Gazprom is planning to sign a gas swap agreement with Spain's Gas Natural, bringing Russian gas to Spain.
"Thanks to the swap operations, these supplies will start in the near future, initially in small volumes," Miller added. "We will develop the project involving the Shtokman field, which will be launched in 2014."
- Serbia, Russia Revive Gas Pipeline Plans (Mar 09)
- Poland Bets on LNG, Norway Gas as Divorce With Russia Looms (Feb 09)
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)