StatoilHydro to Conduct Well Intervention on Visund Nord
StatoilHydro has received consent to use Transocean's Polar Pioneer semisubmersible drilling rig for intervention on wells 34/8-B-1 and 34/8-B-2 on Visund Nord.
The purpose of the well intervention is to restore the barriers in the wells. This entails permanent plugging in the reservoir sections, with the possibility of subsequent sidetrack drilling.
Well 34/8-B-1 has the geographical coordinates N 61 degrees 25' 50.99", E 2 degrees 34' 3.95", while well 34/8-B-2 has the coordinates N 61 degrees 25' 52.11", E 2 degrees 34' 05.91". The water depth at the site is approximately 380 meters and the distance to land is 139 km.
The well operations have expected durations of 26 and 15 days, respectively.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)