Marathon Oil Announces Adjustment to Exchangeable Share Ratio
Marathon announced on Feb. 2, 2009, that the Company's board of directors declared a dividend of 24 cents per share on Marathon Oil Corporation's common stock. The dividend is payable March 10, 2009 to stockholders of record Feb. 18, 2009.
In connection with Marathon's acquisition of Western Oil Sands Inc. and the terms of the provisions applicable to the exchangeable shares, the ratio at which exchangeable shares may be exchanged for shares of Marathon common stock is subject to adjustment to account for cash dividends paid on Marathon common stock that are not matched by dividends paid to holders of the exchangeable shares.
For former shareholders of Western Oil Sands Inc. who hold exchangeable shares, the new exchange ratio is 1.03723. The new exchange ratio will take effect on March 10, 2009 and will remain in effect until the next payment of a cash dividend.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Western Oil Sands more info
- Marathon Oil Announces Adjustment to Exchangeable Share Ratio (Feb 18)
- Marathon Declares Dividend, Advises on Western Oil Sands' Shares (Aug 20)
- Marathon Oil Increases Exchangeable Share Ratio (Feb 20)