Det Norske, Talisman Swap Interests in North Sea Asset Exchange
Det norske and Talisman Energy Norge have entered anagreement about exchange of assets.
Det norske has increased the company's interest from five to 30 percent in Production License 038. This asset includes the Grevling prospect that has a planned exploration well at the end of February. Talisman receives 10 percent in License 490 (Snurrevad), and 20 percent in License 491 (Hymir), from Det norske. The result is that Det norske will have 10 percent in PL490 and 20 percent in PL491. In addition to the swap, Det norske will carry some costs for drilling the Grevling well. The exchange is dependent on governmental approval.
Grevling is expected to include between 10 and 80 million bboe. Grevling is located less than 20 kilometers north of Varg, and a possible discovery is expected to be tied in to Varg.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)