ConocoPhillips Secures Maersk Innovator for Drilling, Plugging on Ekofisk
ConocoPhillips has received consent to use the jackup drilling rig Maersk Innovator for drilling and plugging on Ekofisk.
The consent relates to the drilling of a sidetrack from production well 2/4-B-9-B and for plugging of well 2/4-B-7.
According to the application for consent, this activity will be carried out while the Mærsk Innovator is operating on Ekofisk, during the period from May to September 2009.
The Maersk Innovator jackup was built by Hyundai in 2003 and is operated by Maersk Drilling Norge. The legs of the facility are 205 m long, allowing the facility to operate in waters that are up to 150 m deep.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)