Cosco Shipyard Safely Completes Island Innovator Semisub
Fabrication of the GM4000 semisubmersible rig (Island Innovator), the first offshore project contracted by COSCO Zhoushan Shipyard, has been carried out smoothly and safely in one million man-hours without any lost time due to injury. To encourage and reward the project team, the owner's representatives arranged a "One Million Man-hour Safety Production" Celebration on January 14, 2009. Gifts and rewards were awarded to the GM4000 project team and subcontractors.
Built for Marine Accurate Well ASA, the Island Innovator semisub rig will be operated in the harsh environment of the North Sea which requires a high level of maturity in understanding identified design and operation risks and also the associated fabrication and commissioning checks necessary to ensure the required performance standards are reached.
Upon winning the project, a project team was put together and the GM4000 Project HSE Plan was quickly issued according to the international offshore construction HSE management conventions and company HSE regulations. With fluent communications, efficient problem solving procedures and a strict HSE control system, COSCO Zhoushan Shipyard is confident it will be able to maintain this remarkable safety record.
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)
Company: Island Offshore more info
- VARD Secures $168M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore (May 26)
- VARD Secures $65M Contract to Build OSV for Island Offshore (Dec 02)
- Aker Solutions Wins North Sea Contracts with Island Offshore (Jun 08)